7.26.2009

Utah Trip Continued...

So I just downloaded these extra pictures from Utah and realized that I forgot to blog about stopping in Bryce Canyon to our family friend Paula, and our fun day with Jaimie!...  

On our way up to Utah, on Wednesday, we took a small detour and stopped in Bryce Canyon to have lunch with a family friend Paula Henry.  It was so fun to see her and her daughter Shantel.  They are the most wonderful people and Paula brought all sorts of goodies from the Bryce Canyon Visitor's Center for the kids - tshirts, hats, coloring books, etc.  Paula - Thank you so much for your generosity!  It was so much fun seeing you!

On Saturday we met at the park with all the Layton relatives, played games (I taught the family some girl's camp games! Yeah Girl's Camp!), hung out, and then said goodbye to everyone around noon.  From there we headed over to Jaimie's apt. to say "hi", check out her apt., and get her wedding dress from her so we could take it back to AZ with us for the wedding in August.  But while we were at her place my Dad said, "Let's get some lunch and the kids want to go bowling!  Jaimie, why don't you come with us!"  It was so much fun spending the day with Jaimie. We miss seeing her, and Cooper and Ella were excited to spend time with her.  
So we went to Kneaders - a really yummy sandwich shop, then headed off to BYU for some bowling - I think I'll stick to Wii bowling...it was rough bowling in real life! :-) , then the Creamery! - you can't visit Provo and not go to the Creamery.  At the Creamery my Dad bought some ice cream to take to Grandma Layton, and so while we were at Grandma's visiting and talking about Jaimie's wedding plans,  she told Jaimie, "I would love to see your wedding dress someday!" (with the biggest grin on her face)  When Jaimie told her that it was out in the car, Grandma's face lighted up like she was a little girl on Christmas morning!  Jaimie went and got the dress to show her, and when she unzipped the bag, Grandma was so cute just oooing and ahhing over every little detail.  Then she said, "I would love to see you in it someday." :-)  But we told her Jaimie would come by with it on another day.  :-)  I guess no matter how old you are, you still get giddy over weddings and dresses!  So then after our visiting with Grandma we dropped Jaimie off, and then headed back to Draper.  Later, Sean and Jaimie came to the house and ate dinner and went hot-tubing with us.  It was a really fun day!  Thanks mom and dad for sponsering all the food and bowling.  Jaimie said, "I think I ate all day long!"  We were just trying to fatten her up a little so her pants would stay on. :-)  It was so great to be with family and friends!





No comments: