Aug. 10, 2011 marked another "First Day of School" memory moment! Except this year is especially monumental because I now have 2 kids gone all day to school! Cooper started 2nd grade and Ella is going to full-day kindergarten. (which she loves and was so ready for!) I didn't think I would be sad to see them start school, but I admit that my eyes got a little moist when I walked into the house after dropping them off and couldn't believe how quiet it was. I could tell that parts of my family were missing and our house felt kind of empty. I will miss them every day, but I'm excited for them to learn and grow and have wonderful new experiences. :-)
We got up early, had a special pancake breakfast, took pictures, and off we go!
She can't resist hugging Cooper. It drives him crazy, but it's good for him. :-)
Mom and Ella
Cooper ready to go to class. He is out in the portables this year with all the other 2nd graders. He says he doesn't like it because you have to walk farther to get to everything. :-)



No comments:
Post a Comment