2.03.2010

Play Date w/ Grandma-Great!

My parents came into town for a visit and while they were here my Grandma Layton was visiting also. So... we set up a play date and let the fun begin! :-) My grandma is almost 95 years old and she walks around like she's 20. She also just recovered from a broken hip, but you wouldn't even know it! The thing that I loved was that she always insisted on having her purse with her. My mom and I would offer to carry it for her or just leave it behind at the house, but she said, "No thank you. All I own is in my purse." :-) I know I would have said the same thing. Even at 27 I always have my purse with me. So in another 68 years I doubt I will feel any different. It was so fun to visit and "play" with Grandma. She is always so happy and cheerful, enjoying every minute of life. It is so special and I'm so grateful that my kids can know their Great-grandparents. So fun!
The kids were excited to go in the car with Grandma-Great! Can you tell? We went to the mall so the kids could play outside.

Ella was trying to help Grandma-great walk, but it ended up being the other way around...

We took the kids to "Build a Bear" for their Valentine's gift.


3 generations

No comments: