12.16.2010

Girls Just Like to Have Fun!

Now I don't know about you, but my idea of fun is shoveling dirt/mud for 3 hours in the rain! Let me explain...
We are building a pool in our new backyard (yes, we moved and I haven't blogged about it yet) and we've been trying to stay in budget which means that we get to perform manual labor. Yipee! Manual Labor = Exercise (I'm trying to think the glass is half full) So on this special occasion we were trying to make sure that we passed our final inspection which meant that you could only have a max. 2in. space between the bottom of the pool fence and the ground. In certain areas we had as big as 1 ft. between the fence and ground. I called Tyler and he was going to have the inspection called off for another day since it would be dark by the time he got home from work. But I didn't want anymore delays. I got the kids situated with plenty of snacks, busted out the hat so rain wouldn't get in my eyes, and went to work. I have to be honest it was a little harder than I thought it was going to be. :-) I started with a wheel barrow, but that only lasted thru 3 loads because the wheels became caked up with inches thick of mud. So then I just started getting dirt/mud from anywhere I could and eventually I made my little mounds. And guess what!?....the next morning we passed our final inspection! Swimming here we come!!!
my lovely mounds of mud

No comments: