1.22.2010

Not so young

Tyler and I helped drive a bunch of youth from our ward for their annual YM/YW snow trip. The place we went is right by Tyler's Uncle Joe's cabin, and it was absolutely perfect! The weather was perfect, the snow was perfect, and the kids were perfect! It just amazes me what strong spirits and amazing kids we have in our ward and surrounding area. It was a fun time being with them, and we are so grateful for Carolyn for watching our kids so we could go.
Tyler on his perch

Right about now I was asking myself what the heck I was thinking getting on this tube?
Tyler and I have a tendency to tap back into our teen years pretending that we can do what we used to be able to do. This snow trip was no exception. :-) But I'm happy to say that we made it thru the day without any breaks, cuts, or major bruises (except the little one on my bum).

Thumbs up!

Two girls in our ward were hard core, and built this little jump for the sleds. So we were riding the sleds like snow boards and getting some pretty nice air at the end.

It was fun to be there with Annie! I have the neat opportunity of being her Beehive Leader right now in our ward. And she was such a good sport, especially since she was developing a double-ear infection.

2 comments:

Ali said...

That looks like so much fun! I want to go sledding too and pretend I'm young again.

Andrea said...

so glad you were there to take the pressure off of me trying to pretend I was young again! you truly are the life of the party! thanks for taking one for the team.