Then as I was reading my scriptures I was reading about Alma going and teaching the Zoramites, and how they thought if they followed the traditions of their fathers they were bound. And even though they would pray to God with their mouths, their hearts were full of pride. (Alma 31) This hit me really hard. How many times do I pray to Heavenly Father just going thru the motions? But then when I really need something I expect Him to answer me? I know this happens, but He knows I'm learning, and He always answers. Tender Mercy.
On top of all of this, I was a little stressed about how today was going to go. We have our Ward Fall Festival tonight that I needed to help set up for. The kids have gymnastics, my visiting teachers are coming, we have no milk, the house is dirty, and I had a tanning client scheduled to come in the middle of the day (the busiest time of the day) (but i didn't want to change it because that's money to pay for Buster's doggy training). But guess what? My client called this morning and asked if she could change to tomorrow? An answer to my prayers! I should have known that everything would work out. It always does. Another tender mercy.
I'm so grateful for these learning experiences...
Always be grateful.
Always pray with a purpose.
Always remember that Heavenly Father knows me and knows my needs.
5 comments:
I was crying last night too as I watched Biggest Looser. I seriously can't even imagine. Today I have hugged my sweet children more and enjoyed the small things. That show is so inspiring. We all love to watch it. Thanks for all your thoughts. It's just what I needed to hear. : )
Good morning Kristen! You are the winner of the Soar necklace :O)
Come on over and get my e-mail
Cheers!
Canela
Ahhhhhh such a nice post...you are right to always be grateful.
I have the Biggest Looser DVRed.....sounds like it was a touching one.
Congrats on your necklace!
Love your thoughts and thanks so much for sharing. and thanks for your lesson today what an important reminder.
love these thoughts. thanks for sharing.
this month i'm posting a daily tidbit of gratitude. i did it last year and found myself looking at things differently. :)
Post a Comment