Tyler and I went to a Stake Adult Missionary Fireside on Sunday featuring President and Sis. Packard (from our stake) as the speakers. They just returned from serving as Mission President in the Mozambique, Africa mission. Sis. Packard gave a wonderful talk on gratitude, and finding the good in everything - even during the hard times. It was so neat to see pictures from their mission and hear stories of gratitude. Here are people with nothing when it comes to material things, but everything when it comes to faith in Jesus Christ and love from our Heavenly Father. Hearing about gratitude it reminded me of a list that I made when I was at BYU. My bishop asked us during Thanksgiving to write down 5 things each day that we were grateful for. And continue doing this until Christmas. It's amazing the things that you become grateful for: kleenex, flushing toilets, razor, cereal, utensils, medicine, heaters, gloves, scarfs (can you tell I was in Utah during the winter)...
But then it also makes you reflect on the big things: atonement, resurrection, family, scriptures, temple covenants, baptism...
So if you're needing an activity to do with your family this winter - there's an idea for you. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment