Last week was pretty crazy! But very very fun! Jaimie was home to have a bridal shower and get ready for the "big day". Tyler and I had the opportunity to attend the temple with her Wed. night as she received her endowments. It was really special. I always love going to the temple, but it's not often that I get to go with family. So when that happens it is really special, and I feel like I get a glimpse of what it's going to be like after this mortal life. So then I get emotional because it is going to be so perfect and wonderful. Thank you Jaimie for letting Tyler and I share in your special day.
So here's pictures from Wed. night, and then also some wedding pictures from Friday...
After the temple we went back to Kim & Eric's house for dinner.
Here is the cute couple!
Mom & Dad
L to R: Sean's Dad (Greg), Sean's Mom (Stacy), Sean's G-pa, Sean's G-ma, G-ma Jones, G-Chambers, G-pa Chambers (who sealed Jaimie and Sean in the temple)
Sean & Jaimie are going to Disneyworld for their honeymoon. So we made them open their wedding present from us a little early so they could be properly dressed for their trip.
Jaimie Jones is now Jaimie Tanner!
Congratulations! Sean and Jaimie got sealed in the Mesa, Arizona Temple on Friday, August 14th. It was a beautiful day, beautiful bride, and beautiful sealing. We are so excited for them and wish them the best!
Ella never wanted to leave Jaimie's side. She is dying to get married so she can wear a "big white married dress". But she was very excited to be a flower girl...
Jaimie's wedding colors were orange, green, yellow, and white. Here is Kiley, Whitlee, Marcy, and me sporting our orange dresses! Oh yeah!
At the reception...
Did I mention that Ella never wanted to leave Jaimie's side?...
Somehow Addi managed a picture of her own. :-)
Ella and Great-Grandma Jones
Our little family
Sorry girls...the tall one's taken!
6 men and 1 shy little guy
Lastly...
I believe that a true friend is someone who no matter how often you talk to them, no matter how often you see them... when you do talk to them, or do see them neither person notices that there's been maybe weeks or months since they last talked or visited. I've learned that the older my kids get, the busier I get. And it makes me sad when I don't get to see some of my friends as often as I would like to. But I know that my friends will always be there for me in my times of need. And that is exactly what happened last Friday...
We had woken up really early to get Jones Family pictures taken. When we got home I started trying to do my hair "up" so that I could be a little cooler for the rest of the day at the temple, and in my bridesmaid dress. After many failed attempts I broke down completely discouraged and frustrated. I went to Costco to pick up some pictures for the reception, and when I got home Tyler said that he had called my friend Linnlee to see if she could come do my hair. I started crying when he told me her response, "Yeah, I'll be right over! I might not smell that great because I just got down working-out, but I will be right over!" And then later to find out that her mother-in-law was visiting. But she dropped everything to come help a friend. She did an AMAZING job doing my hair. It looked perfect! While she was doing my hair I think I felt guilty because things had been so busy the past couple of weeks, that I hadn't been able to talk to her for awhile nor seen her for awhile. But it didn't matter at all. We were talking, laughing, and you wouldn't have been able to tell that it had been awhile since we'd last seen eachother. Linnlee - thank you for being such a great friend! I can't tell you how much I appreciate you coming to my rescue last week! You made my day great! Thank you for your charity and selfless service! And Tyler - thank you for being so patient with me as I got frustrated and bummed. And thank you so much for calling Linnlee. You jumped into action to find a solution to make me happy. I love you so much! Thank you for caring so much about me and how I feel!
5 comments:
What a fun wedding...love the flowers, the colors, your cute little family.
What an awesome friend you have as well as an amazing husband to make the call for you.
Cute! Jaime looks beautiful, and so does your family!! Great story about your friend. So nice!
Your Ella reminds me so much of Sydney at the same age when my sister got married - it's so fun to see them act like a princess.
I remember when you did my hair for Winterball and I loved it. :)
Love the wedding pics. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see Ma and Pa Jones tomorrow night, wish you would be there.
Post a Comment